சேக்ஸ்பியர் கவிதை

 Image result for shakespeare

SHAKESPEARE’S SONNET 85 (ORIGINAL)

My tongue-tied Muse in manners holds her still,
While comments of your praise richly compiled,
Reserve thy character with golden quill,
And precious phrase by all the Muses filed.
I think good thoughts, whilst others write good words,
And like unlettered clerk still cry 'Amen'
To every hymn that able spirit affords,
In polished form of well-refined pen.
Hearing you praised, I say ''tis so, 'tis true,'
And to the most of praise add something more;
But that is in my thought, whose love to you,
Though words come hindmost, holds his rank before.
Then others, for the breath of words respect,
Me for my dumb thoughts, speaking in effect.

SHAKESPEARE’S SONNET 85 (SIMPLIFIED)

My mute poetry politely remains silent, while
commentaries praising you pile up, capturing the essence
of your character in golden words and precious phrases
inspired by all the muses. I think good thoughts about you
while other people write good words, and like an illiterate
parish clerk I continually cry “amen” to every poem of
praise that capable poets produce about you in their
polished and refined style. When I hear you praised, I say,
“That’s right, that’s true,” and add a little something to their
utmost praise of you. What I add is only in my own mind,
but in my own mind I know I love you the most, though I
speak the least. So respect others for the words of praise
they offer you, but respect me for my silent thoughts,
which express themselves only in actions.

உள்ளத்துள் உறையும் கவிதை

தேவதைகள் கூடி
அடியெடுத்துக் கொடுத்த
பொன்மொழிச் சொற்கள்,
அருந்தொடர்கள் கொண்டு
உன் குணவியல்பின்
சாரத்தை வடித்து
புகழ்பாடும் கவிதைகள்
குவியுந்தோறும், என்
உள்ளத்துள் ஊறும் கவிதை
ஒடுங்கி உறைகின்றது.
வல்ல கவிஞர்கள்
கவினுறு பாங்கில்
மெருகுடன் யாத்து
உன் புகழ்பாடும்
கவிதைகள் கேட்டு
“அங்கனமே ஆகுக! என
பாமரப் பண்டாரம் போல்
வழிமொழிந்து கதறுகிறேன்.
ஒவ்வொரு கவிதையும்
உன் புகழ்பாடக் கேட்டு
“அது சரிதான், அது மெய்தான்”
என மெச்சி,
நானும் ஒரு வரி மீட்டுகிறேன்.
நான் மீட்டும் வரியோ
என் உள்ளத்துள் உறைவது;
நான்கொண்ட வாஞ்சையோ
சாலவும் பெரியது;
அதை நான் வெளியிடுவது
அரிதிலும் அரிது.
உன் புகழ்பாடும் பிறரை
நீ கொண்டாடும் வேளை
உன்னை உள்ளத்துள் துதிக்கும்
என்னையும் கொண்டாடு.
செயலில் மட்டும் வெளிப்படுவதே
என் உள்ளத்துள் உறையும் கவிதை. 
______________________________
தமிழ்: மணி வேலுப்பிள்ளை       2014-08-03

No comments:

Post a Comment